Wish-list of windows. Reorder the desktops. And others "desktop features"

Hi everyone.

Do you know if a public wish-list of Windows exist? And if do, where I can vote in features that I desire to my next desktop OS? A place to vote in the desired features posted by the others and this kind of stuff.

Many times, I miss something on my "windows experiment". First of all, I'm not a unix-maniac. However I'm a linux user for a decade, and recently a MacOS user at my work. But when they release the new windows 10, I decide to give it a try. And since then, I'm using windows 10 at my desktop PC at home and at my cellphone.  And it have been an amazing experience.

But sometimes I miss one thing or other that could be a nice and easy feature to aggregate. Do you have it or are you in process to create?

Reorder Desktops

One very simple feature that should already exist on this release of windows 10 is the reorder of desktops.

Use multiple desktops is a GREAT new feature of windows 10. It was one of the most things that I miss on the windows OS's. And finally, we have it.

But sometimes I change my "modus operandi" and want to reorder my desktops, to have a quick access to what I  need to do my work, without need to change all my applications opened in one desktop to another.

by the way....

Quick desktop change

I use the keyboard a lot. So, this keyboard shortcut to change between desktops is very useful. However... I really like the way that you can change between desktops using your mouse on MacOS.

Microsoft started to create hardware by themselves. In fact, I have a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse here to my "Microsoft experiment". And there is no shortcut to change desktops by a gesture control.

Ok.. ok... using the touchpad from my desktop, I can use 3 fingers to open the "task view", but I'm talking about something to directly change the desktop. To be quickly. Something like swipe tree fingers horizontally will be great.

Talking about shortcuts...

Change between desktop and take you app with it

One thing that I really miss from my Ubuntu is the capability to change between desktop and take my apps with me.

Since I can't reorder my desktops, the most easy way to change my "modus operandi"  is using what I can get from the shortcuts. At Ubuntu Unity, I also can't reorder my desktop. However, I have a nice shortcut to change between desktops and move my apps with me. To easily change my apps from one desktop to another.

At windows 10, I can do is only if I use one command to open the "task view" and then drag and drop my apps form one desktop to another, and finally click on the desired desktop.  If I'm not in the same desktop of the apps that I want to move, I also need to wait 2 ou 3 seconds with my mouse stopped over the right desktop.... It is a little bit complicated process... It slow me down.

If create a "desktop reorder" is complicated... a shortcut to switch between the desktop and move my target app with me, will be very nice.

This is what I have for now. Thanks for any reply and my apologies about my English.

Answer
Answer

Hi Guilherme,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate the time and effort you put in to write this post. Thank you for providing a feedback on what features you wish to be included to improve your Windows experience.

I would recommend you to post this on the Feedback app, which will help understand the requirements of customers and improve their experience in future.

You may just press Windows key, type Feedback app and click Enter. Post your feedback in the feedback app.

Your feedback is important to us.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2020 Views 2,399 Applies to: