WinSat.exe will not stop no matter what

Hi
Having tried numerous ways to stop WinSat in windows 10 coming up i am now at a loss.

It comes up around every hour and is most annoying as it interrupts games and such. Now i have tried disabling it via task scheduler and it still comes up( how that is i never know)
I have tried deleting it from the task scheduler and that does nothing at all either.

I have run virus checks and trojan checks and nothing comes up so it in my opinion is just the winsat from windows itself. I am coming to the end of my tether with it and really a complete format is not something i fancy doing as some apps i have i do not have any way of getting back as they came preinstalled in my system and no disks to reinstall.

Can some bright spark offer up a way for me to stop this nightmare please before i throw my pc out the window
Is there NO ONE who can help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Nick,

What you've experienced with the WinSat.exe could be triggered by a possible software conflict. Have you made any changes or performed any updates on your computer recently?

For us to diagnose and determine what could be causing this behavior, we suggest that you start your computer using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Please see the link, How to perform a clean boot in Windows and follow the steps intended for Windows 10.

Please let us know if the issue persists so we can further check on it.

Regards.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

thank you for the response I will have a go at this and report  back

Nick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nick, 

Based on the details provided on this thread, we will wait for the result and update of the troubleshooting provided by Vanessa. If in case the issue still persists, the information you will provide can help us investigate this matter further. 

We will be looking forward for the updates. 

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HI

I have done the steps above but what it has done is cut down the amount of times Winstat had run not stopped it altogether. I need to do some further investigation by doing each run task individually which will take some time.

The only thing i can add to help is i recently updated to the last win 10 update but cannot go back before this time it seems

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand. Have you tried disabling WinSAT on your task scheduler? It is possible that the WinSAT won't stop running because it was enabled on your task manager. To disable WinSAT, follow these steps: 

1. On the search bar, type Task Scheduler and hit Enter. 

2. Under Task Scheduler (Local) go toTask Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Maintenance. 

3. Right-click on WinSAT and choose disable. 

Update us on how it goes. 

Regards.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand. Have you tried disabling WinSAT on your task scheduler? It is possible that the WinSAT won't stop running because it was enabled on your task manager. To disable WinSAT, follow these steps: 

1. On the search bar, type Task Scheduler and hit Enter. 

2. Under Task Scheduler (Local) go toTask Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Maintenance. 

3. Right-click on WinSAT and choose disable. 

Update us on how it goes. 

Regards.

Hi 

Thanks for the response, I had disabled it in task scheduler but it still ran. I even deleted it in the registry but to no avail. In the end I had to bite the bullet and I reinstalled windows keeping my files. This cured it but left me a day of finding the old stuff i had installed that were deleted.

I used the info from previous responses and went 2 days trialing stuff on enabled apps and disabled apps. Two days and the only was i could stop it was to have all apps off. The interesting thing is this only started when i installed the windows creators update. 

The worst part of this for me was i lost windows movie maker which i used a lot, however with lots of digging was able to find on another computer an instillation from 2011 that although said it failed actually worked and installed it :)

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2024 Views 9,913 Applies to: