Windows.UI.Xaml.dll crash at startup

Immediately after a migration to version 2004 (Windows 10 french) a lot of builtin apps (News, Calculator, Weather...) crash at startup after briefly showing a blank window.  In the last version (1909) all these apps work correctly.

For the News application, the windows log contains : 

Nom de l’application défaillante : Microsoft.Msn.News.exe, version : 4.53.2009.10001, horodatage : 0x5f5a71ab

Nom du module défaillant : Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version : 10.0.19041.572, horodatage : 0x789abd1c

Code d’exception : 0xc000027b

Décalage du défaut : 0x00835f91

ID processus défaillant : 0x1458

Heure de démarrage de l’application défaillante : 0x01d6c793655c117c

Chemin de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingNews_4.53.22541.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Msn.News.exe

Chemin du module défaillant : C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Code de rapport : c6b8948b-c9d5-4bbf-814a-23fa3410d682

Nom complet de l’ensemble défaillant : Microsoft.BingNews_4.53.22541.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

ID de l’application relative à l’ensemble défaillant : AppexNews

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you’re facing issues with launching the default apps after updating to the latest version of Windows 10. I will certainly try my best to assist you with the issue.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Run app troubleshooter

Try troubleshooting the app using the troubleshooter. Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 2: Re-register the apps

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin).
  2. Now type in the command and hit EnterGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
  3. Restart the PC.

Method 3: Test in new user account

Try creating a new user account and see if you’re able to access the apps. Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2024 Views 9,057 Applies to: