Windows XP keeps restarting itself

Hey there,

My other computer which is running Windows XP keeps on restarting itself on loop.

When I turn it on, before Windows starts up it goes to the window with

:"Safe Mode

Safe Mode with Networking

:::

:::

Start Windows Normally"

I choose "Start Windows Normally" , and then it shows as if it starts windows with the Windows XP logo - but after a few seconds then, restart again!

and it repeats this whole process again and again.

I tried "Safe mode with Networking" but it didn't work also.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you! :)

P.S. Other people have told me to use a disk, but my computer disk reader is fried. It doesn't work. Please help.

Thanks!    -Zack

Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.      What happens while you try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

2.      Do you get any error code or error message? If so, what is the complete error message?

3.      Were there any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

Please try following methods and update us with the results.

Method 1: Disable automatic restart on system failure

If Windows XP fails to boot normally, you will see an error screen with information and clues regarding the problem. Please make a note of the complete error message.

If you do not see the Disable automatic restart on system failure option, you need to restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key on the keyboard until you see the Disable automatic restart on system failure option.

You may also disconnect external devices and check.

Method 2: Try to boot the computer into Last Known Good Configuration and check.

How to start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_last_good.mspx?mfr=true

Please get back to us with the above information so that we can assist you accordingly.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 3,538 Applies to: