Windows XP Blue Screen error message: 0x00000024(0x001902FE, 0xF7AF27C0, 0xF7AF24BC, 0xF755046B)

Original title:Acer Aspire One AOA150 with windows xp will start up

Acer aspire one aoa150 with windows xp will start up, it goes to screen showing it was shut down and to choose, safe mode, last known config, normal,....ect. I've tried all of them, including command promp one, but same thing happens everytime....looks like it's going to start up xp, shows xp logo, then a sudden flash of a blue screen for 1 second, then restarts itself.....it'll do it over and over and over again until you shut it off. It is an acer aspire one, it has no place to put a cd...only usb.

System Make & Model: Acer Aspire One AOA150-1029 AOXPHSTUS1, 2X512/120GB US 

XP version: Professional (Not Sure Which Service Pack though)

The Acer Aspire One Has no CD drive, it has a few USB ports.
I've read about putting XP Installation disc on a USB flash drive and using that to boot and fix the problem. I tried downloading and using WinToFlash utility to create a bootable Windows flash drive. No luck using that one though.
When i tried booting from the USB flash that was supposed to fix my problem, I still can not get it past the XP  logo....looks like it's gonna work, but ends up blue screening me again.

Just started acting up.

BSOD Information

Technical Information

***Stop: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF7AF27C0, 0xF7AF24BC, 0xF755046B)

*** NTFS.Sys - Address F75504B Base At F701000, DateStamp 48025be5

Hi,

1.    How long have you been facing this issue?

2.     Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?

Stop: 0x00000024 generally occurs due to the following reasons:

1. The file system or partition structure is corrupted.

2. A driver compatibility issue exists.

In your case we have to perform:

a.       Check disk (chkdsk).

b.      Repair your computer from recovery console.

c.       System restore from recovery console or from command prompt

As you told you don’t have a CD/DVD drive, it’s very difficult to mount the system files on USB drive; however, you may check whether Acer already installed Recovery console, if yes, then you can perform the chkdsk.

Refer:

Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console for advanced users.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

If not, perform system restore from safe mode with command prompt and check.

How to start the System Restore tool by using the safe mode option with the Command prompt in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

If system restore didn’t help, we have to perform repair computer for that we require disk or mounted system files on USB drive.

If you have warranty period I would suggest you to contact Acer manufacturer:

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/0000/Acer/aspireoneaoa150/aspireoneaoa150sp2.shtml

Note: Click on support tab for different support.

Hope the above information is helpful!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

Please follow these instructions to collect data from the crashes and upload them here, to your Skydrive or a file sharing service like Rapidshare.

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/showthread.php/68-Blue-Screen-of-Death-%28BSOD%29-Posting-Instructions-Windows-8-7-amp-Vista?p=303&viewfull=1#post303

http://sysnative.com/0x8/BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the contents of that folder
Please upload them to skydrive or a file sharing service and put a link to them in your next post.

Please also go to start>search/run>cmd>msinfo32 and include it in the upload

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/showthread.php/325-BSODs-but-no-Dump-Files

http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=545

Please also go to start>run>msinfo32 and save the results.  Upload it with the DMP files, thanks.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Sorry this didn't help.

That is the problem my net book wont  boot in any of the safe modes or wont let me use recovery console. I get the same blue screen very time i installed a version of Ubuntu on an usb drive to check the files the files seem fine. I just wont boot windows in any way at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Since a Stop 24 is

The NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM bug check has a value of 0x00000024. This indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.

You might want to try to re-install win 7 from dvd/USB.  Cant give you more help unless we can get it to boot some how.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Sorry this didn't help.

You might want to try to re-install win 7 from dvd/USB.

OP has Windows XP.

Sorry this didn't help.

When i tried booting from the USB flash that was supposed to fix my problem, I still can not get it past the XP  logo....looks like it's gonna work, but ends up blue screening me again.

Can you post a link to the web page with the instructions? Have you ever seen these instructions:

Finally, you are NOT supposed to see the XP logo! if you do, that means you are still booting off the hard drive!

Does your Acer have a boot menu page? If not, do you know how to enter the BIOS? You really need to alter your boot order so that the first device is the USB flash drive!

Sorry this didn't help.

Me thinks you be thwarted on Step 4 (I don't think this system has an optical drive):

4.  Insert Windows XP’s setup disc into the optical drive

The OP sezs:

The Acer Aspire One Has no CD drive, it has a few USB ports.

Since more and more systems are coming sans optical drive, I was hoping that the Microsoft engaged Support Engineer "expert" Sandeep Dsouza (or any Support Engineer expert) would be able to tell us all how to make a bootable USB stick Recovery Console.

However there is no KB article that describes it, so I feel that is extremely unlikely and they also don't seem to know how to make a bootable XP Recovery Console CD either, but a Support Engineer "expert" should certainly still now how to do these things or do my expectations exceed reality or am I still in dreamland?

If these Microsoft engaged Support Engineer "experts" do not know how to do these things, perhaps they should go back to XP school and learn how!

Sorry this didn't help.

Me thinks you be thwarted on Step 4 (I don't think this system has an optical drive):

4.  Insert Windows XP’s setup disc into the optical drive

Good point and good catch! Even if OP can use another PC that does have an optical drive, it STILL won't help if he/she does not have access to a Windows XP installation CD!

I guess I need to do some more homework. (Or perhaps Sandeep might beat me to the punchline...)

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no KB article that describes how to do either, so I feel any expectations of any Microsoft engaged Support Engineer "expert" beating you to the punchline exceeds reality...

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2020 Views 5,098 Applies to: