windows xp Bios problem dell dimension 8300 series

I have a Bios problem that I do not know how it happened. When in the Bios I looked under Drive Configuration. I found that my Sata Primary Drive is in Off position and the Primary master Drive is in Off position and last the Secondary Slave Drive is in Off position. If I change all three into Auto mode and reboot. All three come up with Unkown Device. I have owned this desktop since it was new, But I do not know what I see is correct. I have a intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz desktop.

The SATA secondary device says Hard DRive The secondary Master slave drive and the secondary Slave drive both point to cd-rom device.

The bottom line in drive configuration is IDE drive UDAM IS ON. thanks any help

|

I have a Bios problem that I do not know how it happened. When in the Bios I looked under Drive Configuration. I found that my Sata Primary Drive is in Off position and the Primary master Drive is in Off position and last the Secondary Slave Drive is in Off position. If I change all three into Auto mode and reboot. All three come up with Unkown Device. I have owned this desktop since it was new, But I do not know what I see is correct. I have a intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz desktop.

The SATA secondary device says Hard DRive The secondary Master slave drive and the secondary Slave drive both point to cd-rom device.

The bottom line in drive configuration is IDE drive UDAM IS ON. thanks any help

For those settings you should ask Dell Community:

Example there:

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 7 Applies to: