windows update offered thro automatic update thro setting menu

Sir.

Iam S.Kasinath

Iam using windows10 pro ,version 19041, build 19041.572.

I am today offered theo windows update of setting menu, KB 4584299, update for microsoft Edge for x64 system

As usual it says update downloaded ,restart to install, bUt I serached tthor the browers google chrom and Microsoft Edge , 

only two websites opend for the queet KB4584229, one german site and another is aforum, both gave no information on this

I am suspicious about its authenticity.

Plaease helo

Kasinath

Hi Kasinath

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

Yes, KB4584229 is a legitimate Microsoft Edge update and will bring your Windows 10 Build No. to 19041.601, I checked that in my update history

That update is no longer listed on the Microsoft Catalog page, that must be now superseded with another update . . .

Rest assured, any update that appears in the list of Pending updates came from Microsoft, you do not need to worry about anything in that list, the only updates you should not install are the Preview and optional updates, unless you are experiencing problems with your Windows installation . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is the answer why one should never take advice from an independent advisor as they have mostly no clue what they are talking about.

KB4584229 is a Microsoft EDGE update, an update which gets the BROWSER up-to-date. It has absolutely nothing to do with a system update and definitely will not increase the build# to 19041.601 as there was never such a build unless one is a member of the INSIDERS.

The cumulative update that brings the build# to 19041.610 is KB4580364 and was released October,29th 2020 . This has nothing to do with EDGE....

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2021 Views 2,422 Applies to: