Windows update (KB5034441) Error (0x80070643)

When I tried to install the windows update "2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034441)" I received the error code (0x80070643).

I have already tried, restarting my computer, waiting a bit before retrying, running a memory diagnostic check, checking all my drivers for updates, installing optional updates, and running a malware scan.

When I tried to run the windows update troubleshooter it said "diagnosing problems" but never fixed them and I was still unable to install the update after running the trouble shooter.

Any help would be appreciated.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Has this issue been resolved yet? Its been over a month or so and still nothing. I heard you can mess with partitions to fix it but id rather not do that and screw up my computer. Its also not my responsibility.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Bravo, well said. At the end of the day, i've learned that this "update" is inconsequential.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi All,

Using NIUBI partition mover to resize the recovery partition to 1035 MB worked a treat for me. MY recover portions are after the OS portion.

Hope that helps

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@paul0336, do you (or anyone else) understand the multiple recovery partitions? Your disk shows two, both of 1.035GB. My disk shows three. Why 3?! And sizes of 0.812GB, 10.62GB and 1.14GB. The machine has a total of over 12.5GB devoted to recovery partitions and the two at 10.62 and 1.14GB are well past the 1.035 size you set.

I have solved this update on one machine, but before I go messing with things on this one it would be good to properly understand how 3 partitions came to be created and why so much space. 10.6GB seems absurd. To be clear, I have not messed with the disk partitions since the machine was delivered from Dell.

Have just checked a second identical Dell XPS we have. Difference. This machine has 1TB SSD, the other 500GB. The 3x recovery partitions are near identical:

• 3 recovery partitions? Yes

• Sizes

• First (partition 4) 812MB - Yes. Identical

• Second (partition 5) 10.62GB on 1TB machine, 10.58GM on 500GB machine, near identical

• Third (partition 6) 1.14GB on both machines

• Both are unable to install KB5034441

This recovery partition layout is clearly part of the machine build by Dell. Using reagentc /info I see that partition 4 is the active WindowsRE partition, i.e. the 812MB partition. Maybe this is the issue ... sub 1GB ... but is also means there are 12GB allocation but unused!

Windows RE status: Enabled
Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE

Maybe I need a tool to delete partitions 5 and 6 and reclaim 12GB disk, and move (as opposed to delete/create) partition 4 to the end of the disk (not sure this is possible) and give the 12GB back to the C: disk?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey pal, i wouldn't bother any more with this. It's not a necessary update, it mostly involves BitLocker. If you don't use BitLocker, then this update is unnecessary. Also, Windows10 end-of-life & falls out of support on Oct 14, 2025.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The correct solution should be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306

It has a powershell script that will do all this partition stuff for you. The reason it fails, is because the partition is too small, even after the 250 MB resize.

WinRE Information:

Windows RE status: Enabled

Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk2\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE

WinRE Partition Index: 1

Partition capacity: 816836608

Partition free space: 354934784

Still it didn't work

Then I tried windows update troubleshooter which spent a lot of time. Then I tried the update again - success - after a LONG time of installing

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

windows 10 update error code (0x80070643). not install pls issue solve

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello am trying to update my windows and doesn't accept and this is the information that my computer is giving me.

''There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070643)''

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This Security update is not installing on this laptop.. I hope the FIX for this ERROR will become available ... S O O N.. Thank you and ... WAITING FOR A QUICK REPLY TO THIS ISSUE..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unless you use BitLocker, you don't need this update. Plus, Win10 will be out of support a year from October. I would simply bypass this update, it's meaningless.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2024 Views 178,866 Applies to: