Windows update KB5033375 causing wifi connectivity issues

I have a number of users with Lenovo T14 laptops and once they install the update KB5033375 they are unable to connect to their offices primary wifi SSID that utilizes Radius for authentication. I have tried rolling back Wifi Drivers, updating drivers and other resolutions. The only fix I have found is to uninstall the update. I utilize MS Intune Update rings and don't have the functionality to pause Quality updates which this update is. Any ideas about how to resolve this other than rolling back the update as I would think it is important from a security perspective.

Also rolling back the update is a bit of a task as there are about 50 users with the issue now.

Hi DylanMW,

if it is a company network you need to contact the network administrator otherwise post the question in the appropriate Microsoft forum, here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/tags/318/windows-10-network

In this Forum we are not dealing with machines managed by a server.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My Lenovo Slim Pro 9i is just a little bit over 2 weeks old from Costco. After the Windows 11 KB5033375 security patch yesterday, my internet became super slow and unusable. Google Chrome kept throwing DNS errors and other errors. I tried a ping test "www.google.com" and it wouldn't even resolve half of the time. When it did resolve, I was getting delays of 1-3 seconds (not milliseconds) with a 30% packet drop. After the update, a reboot did temporarily solve the problem, then after another reboot the issue came again, so I ended up rolling back the update. No WiFi issues before the update. I rolled back the update and magically my WiFi is working again properly. I've temporarily paused Windows Updates for a month. The update seems to be bugged. Submit a ticket in Feedback Hub to let Microsoft know you're having problems. I think Microsoft should pull this update immediately considering the number of problems I've found with it through a quick search.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How did you roll back the update? It doesn't show up as able to be uninstalled on my computer and I am having a similar issue but with no internet at all as the network adapter suddenly stopped working with the update

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Settings >> Windows Update >> Update history >> Scroll Down >> Uninstall Updates

Don't forget to pause updates for a while after that or it will reinstall it again like in my case. I seriously hate Microsoft right now...

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bummer, that doesn't work for me-- it doesn't show up on the list of updates that can be uninstalled

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you sure you installed it? Does it show up in your update history? Seems a bit weird because this is a 3 day old update.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, there are several driver updates from 12/13 that show up in the update history, but when I click "uninstall updates" it brings me to a different list and at the top says "not all updates are able to be uninstalled", and there is only one listed there from 12/13 and it's a security update that does nothing when I uninstall it

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad you asked this! We just upgraded our Lenovo X13s to KB5033375 and could no longer connect to Radius.

The Radius logs were reporting success, but the Lenovo was just cycling between connecting and "can't connect"

I backed out this update and it works fine.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try viewing update history and it should show the last several updates and then you can click on uninstall it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I uninstalled this update it took my computer awhile to show any progress but finally it started uninstalling it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 6,516 Applies to: