Windows Update Error Code 0x80246008

I receive error code 0x80246008 when trying install Windows Updates: KB3081436

KB3087916

KB3080333

KB890830

I upgraded to Windows about 2 weeks ago and the first few updates downloaded, but these will not after 3 tries.

Thank for the help.

Answer
Answer

I receive error code 0x80246008 when trying install Windows Updates: KB3081436

KB3087916

KB3080333

KB890830

I upgraded to Windows about 2 weeks ago and the first few updates downloaded, but these will not after 3 tries.

Thank for the help.

Here’s the quick easy way to fix this error:

1. Open an admin CMD
  2. Type the following command:
    Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToBackup
  3. Start the BITS again via the service console (services.msc)

Hope it works

Courtesy by Kim Nhac Le

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 30, 2018 Views 979 Applies to: