I'm running Windows 7
Following the Microsoft help and trolling through the web site has led me to try the following, with the usual reboots in between….
- Stoped Windows update services, cleared temporary files and restarted the services
- Turned of firewal l and antivirus tool. (Turned it back on after it didn’t resolve issue)
- Run the Windows update readiness tool
- Run the System file checker tool. Run check disk tool
- Reset the content of the Catroot2 folder
- Run the Microsoft Fix It tool in default and in aggressive modes
- Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder
- Clear the BITS queue of any current jobs
- Download and manually install the update.
Any ideas? I'd rather not do the back up and reinstall dance.
When I click Go online and resolve now the system hangs in the Windows validation in process.