Windows update conflict with AMD Adrenalin Software

yesterday I update my AMD driver and software version via AMD official site. its work properly with the latest driver and software, and then windows update automatically updating my driver to older version so my AMD Adrenalin software cannot be opened because the driver version is different. how to fix it because if i install again, it will happen continuously. its my latest AMD versionits windows update downgrade

The default setting for win11 update is to not auto install Optional updates, which includes drivers.

You obtain drivers only from the PC makers support and no other source

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

You can use Microsoft's "Show or Hide updates" tool to hide this update. Download from the link below.
https://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f...

You can also disable updating drivers through Windows Update:
1. Press "Windows + R", type sysdm.cpl and press Enter;
2. Select the "Hardware" tab;
3. Select "Device Installation Settings";
4. Select "No (your device may not work as expected);
5. Click "Save Changes" and then "Ok".
6. Restart your PC.

In some cases, the above procedure is not enough. If it keeps showing up, you should be able to disable it using GPEDIT or REGEDIT. It depends on the edition of Windows you have installed.

Using the Local Group Policy Editor (GPEDIT): < Not available in Windows 11 Home.
1. Press "Windows + R", type gpedit.msc and press Enter;
2. In the left pane, navigate to the following path: "Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Manage updates offered from Windows Update";
3. Find "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" and double-click to edit;
4. Select "Enabled", click "Apply" and then "Ok".
5. Restart the PC.

Using Registry Editor (REGEDIT): < Alternative if using Windows 11 Home.

Before proceeding, create a restore point, just in case.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

1. Press "Windows + R", type regedit and press Enter;
2. Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows;
3. Right-click the "Windows" key and select "New > Key". Name it "WindowsUpdate" (NO QUOTES);
4. Select the newly created "Windows Update" key, in the right area click the right mouse button and select "New > DWORD (32-bit) Value". Name it "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate" (NO QUOTES);
5. On the created value, double-click and change its value to "1" (NO QUOTES);

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bonjour,

J'ai actuellement le même problème qu'énoncé avant avec un conflit entre Windows update et amd, le téléchargement d'un fais beuguer l'autre et me met que se n'est plus compatible par la suite, la base du problème est sur Fifa 23, j'ai des crachs direct X alors que mes drivers sont à jour, la version direct X elle aussi et maintenant c'est amd et leurs mises à jours qui provoquent une incompatibilité entre les deux.
J'ai essayer de mettre à jour le pilote vi ale gestionnaire de périphériques et j'ai réussi à installer d'autre version pas dispo sur des drivers clouds ou autre.
je pense aussi que même en sélectionnant suer amd mon pilote la maj windows update remet une autre version ou juste je ne prend pas la bonne version mais je suis perdue avec toutes ces informations.

Ma config : pc portable asus strix, nvidia 3070, amd ryzen 7 5800h processeurs graphiques

Toute aide est bienvenue, merci par avance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This known conflict with Windows and AMD is NOT just with Windows 11 but ALSO with windows 10. HOW DO I FIX this, You guys at Windows need to get this fixed NOW!!!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i don't know whether the conflict between AMD driver software and windows update is the cause for irql BSOD rtf64x64.sys error on my win11 laptop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2024 Views 2,720 Applies to: