Windows Update checkbox does not show up anymore

I unchecked the checkbox in Windows Update settings 'Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional Microsoft software when I update Windows'. After doing that, the checkbox disappeared from the settings window and I cannot reverse my decision. This effectively disabled updates for MS Office products. Is there an effective way to reinstate this checkbox that has disappeared from Windows Update settings window?

[Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit]

Original Title: Microsoft Update checkbox has disappeared

Question Info

Last updated November 6, 2019 Views 10,334 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello!

Thank you for your response. I have already tried to solve the issue the way you suggested. Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me either. To be more specific, in step 3 the page opened in Internet browser does not give an option to install or in my case, reinstall Windows Update agent. It simply says to ‘Use your Start menu to check for updates’. I assume there is nothing wrong with my Windows Update agent.

Finally, I found a solution. If someone encounters similar problem you might want to try follow the steps described in the end of this page http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38008-missing-option-windows-update.html . This is exactly how I expected this issue to be solved.

Thank you again to everyone for your input!

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.