windows stuck at Cyan Screen with Rotating Dots...not able to get login screen

hello,

i got a problem with windows 10  yesterday my windows got the update "Windows 10 Version 1511" it was successfully downloaded but problem arises after completion of installation when installation is done my laptop is restarted and then it stuck at "Cyan Color Screen with Rotating dots" .

first i thought it was doing some installation or may be any process is going on, but after leaving it for 8-9 hrs nothing happened, then i forcefully restarted it by power button again it stuck at same cyan screen. 

I don't have any restoration point .

I don't have any recovery disks.

all i can do is to boot from Safe Mode.

please help me what to do?

laptop configuration:- ACER-Aspire-v5-571p originally comes up with windows 8 (i have windows 8 recovery disk).

Please help me.

Hi Madhav,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings.

Let's perform a “Startup Repair” using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. Initiating repair from DVD may have different results.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

1. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.

2. In the ‘Windows setup’ page, select thelanguage to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

3. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

4. Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select Startup Repair' and select the operating system.

You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from DVD.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes i did that but after completing the startup repair it agian stuck at same screen.

And i also reset it but same problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Madhav,

As the issue still persists, kindly try the below and check if this helps.

Perform In-place upgrade by downloading and installing Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool and check if the issue is resolved. Select Keep all the apps and files option to retain the apps you have downloaded and saved files & folders on your PC.

An In-place upgrade is the final alternative before you have to reinstall the operating system. It is the upgrade performed on the same version/edition of the operating system to repair the damaged files or to restore the lost files of the operating system.

Note Performing a repair installation will not damage files and applications that are currently installed on your computer.

Follow the steps below to perform In-place upgrade:

1. Copy the Windows 10 ISO image onto a bootable media and insert the same on the computer.

2. Click on the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Refer to the link below on How to download official Windows 10 ISO files:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-download-official-windows-10-iso-files/35cde7ec-5b6f-481c-a02d-dadf465df326

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2023 Views 837 Applies to: