Windows Store not installing my apps.

When I try to install my claimed copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Beta for the second time (crashed on downloading first time), it will display a 0x80070002 error. It said it couldn't find the app.

When I try to install another app, like Facebook for example, it'll display a 0x803F7003 error.

After I change my account to a local account instead of a MS account, I'm able to download MC again, but it still crashed again. I can't download other apps, though.

I've already ran Windows Update multiple times, so that means I'm not missing out on a update.

I just really want to download my apps, please look into this.

It looks like the Windows Store servers may be very busy with the Win 10 upgrades. I kept on trying and apps eventually downloaded and installed successfully.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've looked around on the internet and it seems that the 803F7003 error has to do with the servers, but the 80070002 error can be fixed if you change your account to local.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here. Upgraded 8.1 to 10. All apps I had installed on 8.1 and any that were installed via the upgrade function fine and even download updates fine. Any new app shows the download bar (the first time it downloads to the file size indicated, afterwards the total file size goes up by a megabyte or so) then tries to install, but fails with the "Well, this is embarrassing" message and the 0x80070002 error code.

If this is not a result of the servers being hammered, MS really needs to address this issue and hopefully release a hotfix ASAP.

EDIT: I do use a local account already. Have tried both.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I appear to have fixed my issue with the store. Here are the steps that I took:

1. Signed out of my account in the store by following step one in the instructions located here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4235-store-sign-different-account-windows-10-a.html

2. Closed the store.

3. Ran WSReset.exe

4. Logged back in to the store with the same account information.

Suddenly, everything I try to download works.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the exact same problem as you - but this only fixed my server issues. Did you redeem it from mojang or purchase it in the store?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2020 Views 391 Applies to: