Windows store games are not so stable(Acer Aspire One AO531h)

Hi, I 'm running Windows 10 Pro the official release on an Acer AO531h and it's a pretty old laptop.

I've downloaded some games from the Windows store and most of them are crashing or they are not so stable. I've downloaded Dungeon Hunter 5, Captain America:The Winter Soldier, Blitz Brigade, Age of Sparta, World At Arms. All of the apps are launching properly but Dungeon Hunter 5 is crashing at the beginning and Captain America after entering stage. Blitz Brigade is slow on some points when playing but overall it is stable, World at arms lags a little bit on battles and Age of Sparta is normal everywhere. At store it shows that I can play them if my CPU supports x86 or x64 and I support x86.

This is Captain America at the beginning when entering to the game.

I did a little search on the internet on how to optimize windows 10 for gaming, I disabled as much things I could but I still have problems. I understand that my laptop is old but windows is running really well, games is the problem.

Hi,  

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Before I can assist you with your issue, I would like you to answer a few questions stated below:

• Did you install the display driver after you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Did you make any other changes to your computer after you upgraded to Windows 10?

Method 1: Uninstalling and Downloading driver.

Please follow the steps given below to uninstall the Display Adapters and Graphics driver.

1. Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
  2. Open Device Manager, expand "Display Adapters” and “Graphic".
  3. Find and double-click Display Adapters and Monitors driver from the left panel to uninstall.
  4. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
  5. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
  6. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
  7. After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 Display adapters and Graphics driver for your computer and check.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The display driver installed automatically to the latest version after installing windows. I didn't make any changes to my computer, I only did reset in order to delete everything that kept from windows 7. But the problem is still remaining.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

This might have caused due to any compatibility issues with the driver. I suggest you to try installing the Display drivers in compatibility mode and check if the issue persists. This is to check if this is caused due to any compatibility issues.

a. Download the latest display driver from the manufacturer’s website. 
b. Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘properties’. 
c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

For more information, refer to the following Windows 8.1 article to install the display drivers in compatibility mode. The steps apply to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again, I installed the drivers for Windows 7 from Acer because Intel 945 Express Chipset Family doesn't have Windows 10 drivers I restarted, tried some games and noticed that things were worse, more games were crashing then updated to latest version and things were back to normal as they were. Problem isn't solved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 157 Applies to: