Windows Store Can't "Get" Apps w/ dialog that says "Let's get you signed in"

I am currently running

Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

If I try to install any free app on the Windows store,  say for example

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0?rtc=1

I see the following in the "Store"

I then click on the "Get" button and see the following dialog box with the title "Sign in" and the text "Let's get you signed in"

Then I click on the Continue and the dialog box disappears and the Windows Store Window redraws (I see the contents expand into place) but the content is the same.  If I click "Get" again,  the same thing happens.

How do I fix this?

Try to run SFC on your PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Also try to use a different user profile to isolate, or try to sign out then sign in back on the same user profile.. If there's an option, try signing out on Windows Store the sign in back..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I ran sfc /scannow and the system got a clean bill of health:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I was about to create a new account and I found that nothing happened when I clicked the button circled in red

So I then logged in another user with administrative privs,  from that account the "Add Someone else to this PC" button worked OK,  then I was able to make a new account,  and the new account was able to use the Windows Store just fine.

So it seems that some metadata database that supports the windows store and also some of the control panel elements is corrupted for my account,  in which case I wonder if there is some procedure to reset this database.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue and was wondering if you had found a way to restore the affected profile?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem fixed itself when I upgraded to the Fall Creator's Edition.  I think when you upgrade and log in for the first time,  Windows rebuilds the database for the Windows Store and that can fix many things.

There ought to be some easier way to trigger a rebuild,  however.  Microsoft is probably wondering why the Windows Store isn't more popular among users and devs,  but the fact is that the experience of the Windows Store is awful -- particularly when compared to installing ordinary Windows apps,  or Steam,  or any other app store.

When I have brought these issues up before they say things like "just create a new account and see if the Windows Store works in the new account" but I have probably 50+ applications that are configured for my current account and if it is a choice between taking a day off work to port over all that configuration or living without the Windows Store I find that it is pretty easy to live without the Windows Store.  (Funny,  it seems that most people can live without the Windows Store...)

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2022 Views 957 Applies to: