Windows startup crashes after Linux installation

Hello,

the following happened: 

I created a new and empty partition on my hp laptop and installed Linux on it. (I checked the partition on Windows and it said it's empty, but Linux told me that there is something on it.) After I installed Linux I wanted to go into Windows via the Linux grub. But Windows crashes at the startup animation (starting Windows) and I get the blue screen.

I can see all the files from Windows when I use Linux. But not the former HP Recovery device, therefore I sadly cannot recover my system in that way.

I tried bootrec to fix the problem:

Bootrec /fixmbr - works

bootrec / fixboot - works

bootrec /rebuildbcd - does not work

with the linux-partition manager GParted I can see the following:

/dev/sda1  unknown  992.50 KB unknown (possible former HP Recovery device)

/dev/sda2  ntfs             199.00 MB System (flagged as boot)

/dev/sda3  ntsf             397.19 MB  (my Windows installation)

/dev/sda4  ext4             68.73 MB   (my Linux installation)

When I use the Windows recovery disk or want to make a new installation Windows can't identify my hard-drive.

I checked on microsoft's page:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PK/windows7/windows-7-installation-problem-hard-drive-not-found

They recommend to download the driver of the hard drive and to load it in the installation. I did so on HP's homepage (in German) for my "Intel Rapid-Storage Technology, but I get the error message "specific location does not contain information about your hardware".

Here are my specifications for my computer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02572791&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=de&dlc=de&lc=de&os=4063&product=4353627&sw_lang=

I am desperate to get my Windows back, but how if the hard drive is not detected by Windows?

Please help!

Question Info

Last updated December 21, 2017 Views 553 Applies to:
Answer

Solved!!!

I found the answer somewhere on the Internet. I did not delete the Linux-Partition (which apparently blocked Windows somehow.) 

Solution for those who need it later:

1. insert Windows CD/DVD and do the "startup recovery" to restore the Windows MBR

2. insert Linux CD/DVD, go to the live session and use GParted to delete the Linux Partition. (You might need to unmount or delete the Flag if there is a key in front of the Partition)

Windows just starts normally and does Checkdisk after exiting the Linux-live CD. Everything is the same as left weeks ago, Just the HP Recovery Partition is formated differently and the data are lost (not a big deal though).

hope this helps others as well!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.