"Windows Security" and "Enter Network Credentials" Pop up. I am denied access to my own network.

Hello!

Hopefully some one can help me with this major problem.  I have tried all of the recommended fixes I could find - here and through Google. but none of them have worked. 

My problem is this:

I am and have been running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS with no problems, but as of some time last week... I can not connect to any devices on my home network. 

When I try to connect to my WD MyCloud EX2 NAS or any other computer on my home network including a MacBook Pro and an iMac - I am immediately shown the grey box above which already has "ACCESS IS DENIED" IN RED LETTERS AT THE BOTTOM  - as soon as the box appears!

So - I am already denied access before I can even put any username/password into it!  And there is no username/password combo that will work!

And...

I know this is a Windows only problem, because I can still connect to anything on my network using either of my Macs - instantly.

IMPORTANT!!

I want to file a grievance with Microsoft concerning their Automatic Help Phone system, and the techs I spoke to yesterday 7/27/17.  

They disconnected my call 7 - yes SEVEN times between 1:00 and 3:00 pm!  

I was polite in the face of this fiasco, and even asked the agents not to disconnect me when transferring me.  

I was hung up on:

3 times by the automated "Help" phone prompts

and then I was disconnected:

4 times by Tech Agents, which I find completely unprofessional and JUST PLAIN WRONG.

I expect better from Microsoft and am curious as to what will be given as a reason for this.  I used to run a few tech support centers and there would inevitably be at least one new person that disconnected a user - because they didn't know the answer to the problem.  I am wondering if this is Microsoft's way of dealing with this debacle??  I hope not, but would like to hear it from them.

Hi,

Based on the screenshot you provide. The security log-in refers to your Network Access Storage drive. The error message states that Windows cannot log-in in the storage drive. This is actually an external storage drive. So we suggest you to contact your manufacturer to check the network access storage and ask them the right access or password to that screenshot.

We'll look forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Just got of the phone with Western Digital. 

We ran every test possible, and the NAS is working fine. 
We checked IP to the Physical address via CMD, shut down the WD unit with a soft, then a hard boot. 

Shut down the router and rebooted it as well as checking all LAN connections.

We again tried to connect to the WD My Cloud EX2. 
Still no luck.

Lastly tried to connect to the MacBook Pro.  Same results as the WD connection failure.

This leads me to conclude that this must be a Windows problem.

And as I said, the Macs have no trouble accessing the WD NAS.

So I hope this lets you see what's happening.  WD and I remain stumped.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Upon checking your post and also for us to be able to help you. We found out that your issue do have a similar thread in Technet. We do suggest to check this link. Since your issue is to much technical. You can post your issue in that website. Because they are the one who support software and hardware issue.

If you do have any question, feel free to post back to us.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much for the link!  It sounds like just what I need.

I haven't had any problems using Windows for a long time, and therefore had no need to seek out any of their support venues.

So this is especially appreciated!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, more USELESS HELP.  The credentials fiasco continues to plague customers.  It does not help to wander around this "community" to another link where no solution is presented.
Reverend Rod

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2024 Views 2,699 Applies to: