Windows photo Gallery automatically rotate photos

I opened Windows photo Gallery for the first time today and to my surprise I saw all of my photos in the program!

The problem is that none of them have been rotated. I see in options that I can automatically rotates images during importing, but all of these images are already in the photo gallery.

How do I automatically rotate all of these images now?

ctc
Answer
Answer

Hi ctctc,

You can only use this feature when you connect camera to the computer to transfer photos to the computer.

If your camera can detect whether you take pictures vertically or horizontally (usually by using a sensor that can tell how the camera is oriented), your computer can automatically rotate JPEG pictures to the correct orientation when they are imported. If you use this option, you will not have to manually rotate pictures that appear sideways on your computer, and it does not affect the image quality of your pictures.

To turn on automatic picture rotation

1. Open Windows Photo Gallery by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Photo Gallery.
2. Click the File menu, and then click Options.
3. Click the Import tab.
4. Check the Rotate pictures on import check box, and then click OK.

For more information refer the below link
Windows Photo Gallery: frequently asked questions
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Photo-Gallery-frequently-asked-questions

However you may also rotate the pictures that are already available in the windows photo gallery by opening each photo and rotating manually.

1. Open Windows Photo Gallery by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Photo Gallery.
2. Click the picture you want to rotate.
3. Click one of the Rotate buttons to turn the picture 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise.

Hope this helps!

Halima S    - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2024 Views 26,736 Applies to: