Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.

Hello,
I have a problem  concerning the variant of the problem that has already been mentioned in the forum, namely Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.

WMDC is going to work on my computer, I just have to run registry entries after every half-anual windows update.

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

There was Windows7 on my computer before, WMDC was fully funcional, then was computer upgraded to Windows 10.

But we have a problem on new colleagues computers who did not had WMDC before and would like to install wmdc now.

We've installed the app, we have .Net, we've run registry entries, set "allow desktop usage" for the "local account" service.

We are able to run wmdc, but when we connect a device with windows mobile   communication cannot be established.

Have you ever been able to get a wmdc on your computer with clean new (> = 1803) windows 10?

Thanks for the info.

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Hi LubanV

Given the fact that Windows Mobile Device Center, worked with the legacy versions of Windows from Vista up to Windows 8.1, we're afraid that the program may no longer work with Windows 10 1803. There has been reports from the customers wanted the program to work with the latest version of Windows, but up until now, there has never been a progress. 

Meanwhile, we have the Sync Center in Windows 10:

1. Open Sync Center: Go to Start and click on Control Panel. From there click Sync Center

2. Manually Sync: Ensure View sync partnerships is chosen. Click the Sync All button on Sync Center. Wait for Sync Center to Complete

Feel free to keep us updated. 

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2024 Views 14,335 Applies to: