Windows media player on windows 10- color change?

Hello, I have a brand new HP and it came with Windows 10... I am trying to change the color theme of windows media player. On my old computers running Windows 98,ME,XP,Vista, I was able to change the color from the standard blue and on some, also change the background so it was black with white writing. Now when I go to enhancements, I can change the video border color (which really doesn't matter to me). There is no choose color option, and in trying to figure it out, I picked a skin (to see if it made a difference) and now I am stuck in skin mode and can't figure out how to go back to full screen... Help please ;)

Hi Rhoda,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you facing issues while personalizing the Windows Media Player. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the Skin mode.

1. Launch the Windows Media Player and click View menu and select Skin Chooser.

If the View menu isn't visible, you'll need to show the menu bar by clicking Organize, pointing to Layout, and then selecting Show menu bar.

2. In the left pane, click the skin that you want to delete, and then click the Delete selected skin button.

Note: Some skins are optimized for Windows Vista and Windows XP and might not have the same appearance when used in Windows 10.

Click here for more information on Skins for Windows Media Player.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 27,943 Applies to: