Windows Media Player 12 no longer organizes 'My Music' folder

I have always used WMP to listen to and manage my music files and that worked for a long time. However, I've noticed that since the end of November 2013, WMP no longer organizes my newer music files in 'My Music'. They appear in WMP and play fine; that is not the problem. My issue is when I rip a song or download a song and put it in the 'My Music' folder it does not get automatically organized into a folder titled with the Artists name, followed by being put in the corresponding Album folder. This used to happed automatically when I added new music to WMP, but no longer occurs.

I have unchecked and rechecked the 'rename music files using rip music settings' and the 'rearrange music files in rip music folder, using rip music settings' options multiple times. I even tried moving old music files that had been added in the past into the generic 'My Music' folder. When I did that the old music files were automatically organized into their correct artist and album folders; however, the newer music files that were added after November 2013 still remain unorganized. I did not change the way I add music to my computer and there is nothing different about the files I'm adding now compared to the older music files. I don't want to chalk it up to a programming error or update, but I do think there may have been an update toward the end of last year. I may not be remembering that correctly though. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

I'm experiencing the same issue, just with all music files. As in no files get renamed or moved to a set destination folder.
If you can't be good, be good AT it...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Anyone have any solutions to this? It also happened to another one of my friends so it's probably more widespread than just myself and the other poster.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2019 Views 99 Applies to: