Windows Media Center - Recording Data Issue on Windows 10

Old title: Windows Media Center - Recording Data Issue

I am receiving this error message:

Windows Media Center for Windows 7 would have worked out fine by following the EPG data issue instructions.  I recently got a new tower for my computer that works for Windows 10 and it does not come with Windows Media Center.  I cannot go into further details in how, people who bought Windows Media Center for Windows 10 does not have the features just like in Windows 7.  As of right now, "NO DATA AVAILABLE" and I did follow the EPG data issue instructions, but it does not work for Windows Media Center for Windows 10. Is there a way to fix this issue for people who bought Windows Media Center for Windows 10. I also already submitted to Microsoft Connect about this issue as well.

Hello Krispy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Where did you buy Windows Media Center for Windows 10?

Windows Media Center isn’t a part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after you upgrade or it won't come with Windows 10. We’re providing a free DVD playback app that will be installed after the first Windows Update after upgrading to Windows 10.

In view of the same, force installation of Windows Media Center will leave you in problems due to compatibility. You may see problems with some feature after installing Windows Media Center on Windows 10. It is not recommended of installing Windows Media Center on Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I am looking for a program that can record shows just like Windows Media Center.

As for Windows Media Center, I cannot tell you in specific details due to this is a public post and I cannot give it out to you.  It was a force installation of Windows Media Center.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2022 Views 186 Applies to: