Windows Live Photo Gallery

Please tell me how to get my Windows Live Photo Gallery onto another device. Is it possible to move Windows Live Photos to say Amazon Photos or something like that? My pc is getting a little old and unreliable. I have tons of photos on Windows Live Gallery that I would really like to get backed up asap. Thanks so much for any info you can provide. Any and all suggests welcome. Thanks again. DT 
I think I have the same problem. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Windows Live Photo Gallery is just an image organizer, photo editor and photo sharing application.  Your actual photo files are saved on your computer's hard drive.  Typically, your photo files are stored in "My Pictures" and your video files in "My Videos."

If you open Windows Live Photo Gallery, you should see a directory structure in the left pane.  "All photos and videos" is at the top, followed by "Pictures," and then "My Pictures," and below that, any sub-folders you may have created.  The "Videos" tree follows.  See, for example:

Once you know where they are, you can just open Windows Explorer and copy the files (and folders) to an external drive, a USB flash drive, or upload them to cloud storage.

If you are an Amazon Prime member and want to upload them to Amazon Photos, see https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=GYXQJHRDJAFS7HF4 and/or https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=G5HFC9N4ETM8RLWJ

You can, of course use any of a variety of "cloud storage" services, for example:

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 1,497 Applies to: