windows live mail - unable to send photos

Question Summary
Other Windows Live Mail issues
Please provide your impacted Email address :
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Did you receive an error code or message?
Yes
Please enter the error code or message you received
0x8ccc003
Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?
Version 2011 (15.4.3538.513)
Choose your Operating System version :
Windows 7

Additional Details

Recently switched to windows live mail from outlook express.  Windows live mail will not allow me to send photographs.  Using windows 7, I select picture, select the option to send the picture file as an attachment in the email message, select the option to resize the file as a medium sized file 1024 x 768,  select attach, and then select send to send it through my mail account. (cox.net account that I use with windows live mail)  I do not want to use the skydrive.  I do not want to use hotmail.  The email with the photos attached just sits in the outbox.  The error I get is 08xccc003.  I can send mail without photos.

Hi displeasedalso,

"CCC" errors can be broken down to 2 causes:

1. Incorrect POP settings (usually the SSL option for SMTP) – check with your provider if it is required or not

2. Firewall blocking ports (usually port 25) – could be 3rd party since Windows Firewall generally allows this port through, unless specifically told not to do so. You may also want to temporarily deisable your firewall and see if the issue persists.

Thanks!

Rate this moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

1.  I have the ability to send and receive email though the account, so I believe the pop settings are correct.

2.  I tried shutting off the firewall and the problem is still present.

I have read many others that have also had this problem with WLM, but I have not seen an acceptable solution. 

**Edit**  I stand corrected.  I checked with my provider and there were some problems with pop settings.  We changed it and so far it has resolved the problem.  Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have discovered that the issue is not resolved after all.  I am only able to send photos through wlm in their full original size.  When I utilize the tool in windows 7 to reduce the size of the photo and attempt to email it, it will not send.  It sits in the outbox.  The same error code comes up.  I have read many people who have this exact problem and I have not yet found a solution. It is extreemly frustrating.  I did not have this problem using windows xp and outlook express.  Please help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem persists.  WLM still will not send the photos that have been resized.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi displeasedalso,

Thank you for the information you have provided.

We need you to provide us more information to further investigate the issue and eliminate possible causes. Please answer the following questions: 
  • Does the issue persists when you attach the photos instead of sending it via the Photo email feature?
  • Do you have an anti-virus software installed? What is your anti-virus software? Please try to disable the email scanning option in your anti-virus software and check if issue will persist.

Thanks!
Rate this moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I realize this is old but just in case anyone else has this issue. I found out that if you try to send the photo by right clicking on the image and send it to an email receipient, WML will try to send it as a photo album. Why I have no clue and MS should fix this as the option to stop this from happening does not work.

To send the file you want to attach it by creating the email then click on Attach to send the photo.

I have to explain this to my mother in law 5 times already... :D

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also now having the same problem of not being able to send pictures through Windows Live Mail. The pictures just sit in my Outbox and never send. This just started recently in the last couple of months. I do not have any issues send text messages, only photos.

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem just started with me this week. I was able to send some photos last week, but not now. What happened and what do I need to do to fix this problem? All of you reported this problem several years ago, thus I don't know why now. I'm using Windows 10.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2022 Views 2,162 Applies to: