windows keeps preventing my McAfee update launcher from working.

windows keeps preventing my McAfee update launcher from working. My McAfee internet security always says I am protected but windows is obviously not allowing it to update for some reason. I have tried searching for updates in McAfee and it starts to search but then just says "error" and stops. The DEP message then comes up. The Windows message comes up randomly throughout the day as McAfee tries to update? Can you help please?

Original Title: DEP

Answer
Answer

Hi,

1. What is the complete error message?

2. Is this issue confined to McAfee program?

3. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Data execution prevention (DEP) is a set of hardware and software technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help protect against malicious code exploits.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to turn off DEP for a particular program and check with the issue.
Refer:

Method 2:

Place the computer in clean boot and check for the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: Once you are done with clean boot, please follow step 7 in the article to put your computer back to normal startup.

Method 3:

Run a virus scan on your computer.
www.microsoft.com/security/scanner
Note: If any infections are detected during the scan, there might be a chance of data loss as the infected files will be deleted.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to contact McAfee support for further assistance.
McAfee Product Support and Customer Service
http://www.mcafee.com/us/support.aspx

Let us know the results. Hope this helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 9, 2021 Views 1,869 Applies to: