Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account....Microsoft does not back this statement up

I have upgraded and activated 15 different windows 7 professional computers fully and properly on this Microsoft account.  After each Upgrade and activation this message was displayed. "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". I started getting rid of and loosing all my old windows 7 pro keys because I no longer needed them. I only needed my Microsoft account with my many linked digital licenses, right? I am now finding that this is not the case:

For example on this current pc I had windows 7 professional. I upgraded to windows 10 pro and activated with this account(Linked the digital license). I purchased a copy of home edition a year ago to convert this pc into a gaming machine. After realizing home edition is not any better for gaming I tried to upgrade back to pro since I have over 15 digitally linked licenses. That did not work, but support insisted that if I did a windows 10 pro fresh install that It would activate automatically due to my account. I followed the suggestion and did a fresh install, however It did not activate. Support also claims I have no ownership of windows 10 pro even after all my linked licenses. Now I have no way of retrieving all my old professional keys. I assumed all my licenses would have been linked to my account like Microsoft assured me. I am down thousands of dollars of previous windows keys that were disposed of after "linking". 

I made this discussion as I know I can not be the only person with this issue. I would like to be given at least one physical windows 10 Professional key that I can hold on too since all my linked digital licenses are meaningless and do not exist! 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thank you, I understand How to do this. I do not have the old computers anymore and the ones I currently use have been whipped. The old keys are gone. The only thing that remains is the digital license, which does not help one bit.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 28, 2021 Views 3,766 Applies to: