Windows Installer pops up

When ever i i try to open file explorer the screen appears as below and do nothing,after sometime pop ups as install server failed.

Please suggest a solution for this.This happens for all windows related apps.

Hi ShriS1,

I'm Paul, a fellow customer like you & an Independent Advisor. Kindly try these steps below & see if fixes your issue.
1. Reboot your PC to Safe Mode. When login, press the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together >click File menu > click "Run new task" > type cmd & tick the checkbox "Create this task with administrative privileges" > click OK > copy/paste below command one line at a time. Once, done reboot your PC to Normal Mode.
SFC /scannow
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

2. When login to Normal Mode, kindly re-register the Windows apps by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together >click File menu > click "Run new task" > type Powershell & tick the checkbox "Create this task with administrative privileges" > click OK > copy/paste below command.
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach{Add-AppxPackage-DisableDevelopmentModeRegister "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Once done, open File Explorer & navigate to "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local" were "YOUR_USER" is your computer username, and delete the "TileDataLayer" folder. Reboot your PC & check the issue.
(Note: If you can't see the "TileDataLayer" folder, you may skip this step.)

4. Then, restart the File Explorer by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together > scroll down & select "Windows Explorer" > click "Restart" button.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It didn't worked,the windows Installer still pop up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShriS1,

Got it, thanks. Now, if that's the case, let's try to clean your PC first.
• Let's run a full virus scan via Windows Security or any other security apps you have installed.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401326...
• Then, download the tool below to complete a full malware scan & removal. Once done, reboot your PC & check if the issue persists.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

If it persists, let's try to isolate which layer of the operating system the issue resides. Kindly complete the steps below & let me know the results.
1. Temporarily create a local admin user profile, as per the link below. Login as that user and check if the issue persists.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...
2. If it persists, then do a Clean Boot, as per the link below. Check if the issue persists.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...
3. If it persists, reboot your computer to Safe Mode, as per the link below. Check if the issue persists.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/...

Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShriS1,

Any updates?

Let me know how you go. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Paul Abayon,still the problem is popping up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

after sometime os pop op another message pop up as install server not responding and there are some error and warnings in applications.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShriS1,

Got it, thanks. Now, kindly send me that Event Log's .evtx file.
Search/open eventvwr.msc > Windows Logs > right-click on Application > select "Save All Events As..." > save the log to your Desktop > upload the same file to OneDrive & send the link to us. Here's how to use OneDrive below.
https://www.wikihow.com/Use-OneDrive
(Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

For the interim, kindly try these troubleshooting steps below.
1. Search/open services.msc > scroll down & double-click on "Windows Installer" > click Start > click OK. Check the issue.
2. If that won't work, search/open gpedit.msc > go to "Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Application Compatibility" > double-click "Turn Off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility" > select "Enabled" > click OK. Reboot your PC & check.
3. If that won't work or you can't find the "Application Compatibility", now there are also 2 applications that caused conflict with File Explorer - EgisTec & Adobe Acrobat Pro. If you have either of the two, then try these options below in the attempt to resolve the issue. Otherwise, ignore. Thanks.
• If you have EgisTec app installed, then try to uninstall it. Reboot your PC & check.
• If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, then try disabling the context menu by opening Command Prompt (as Administrator) & run the commands below. Reboot your PC & check.
cd /d C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat Elements
regsvr32.exe /u ContextMenuShim64.dll
regsvr32.exe /u ContextMenu64.dll
regsvr32.exe /u ContextMenu.dll
regsvr32.exe /u ContextMenu.dll

Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

gpedit  is missing from the system.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ShriS1,

Got it, thanks. Now, it looks like you have Windows 10 Home edition there & Group Policy Editor is not part of your edition's feature. If that's the case, then kindly try installing it (as per the link below) & see if we're able to get it working. Otherwise, skip this step.
https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/enable_...
(Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

Sincerely,
Paul A.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 20, 2020 Views 735 Applies to: