Windows installation is installing Windows 10 Home Single Language Automatically (HP Laptop).

Hi,

We have windows 10 Pro digital license. One of my HP laptop (Model: 15-bs147TU) is taking Windows 10 Home single language automatically when we trying to install fresh windows. It do not offer me to choose any version of windows not even 32 or 64 bit installation. I have created boot media (USB flash drive) from Microsoft website. I have also faced same problem  in Asus laptop as well. Can you please advice what can I do int his case? I am writing from Bangladesh.

Answer
Answer

If you have a Win 10 Pro License, the downloaded media will install that if you use the License key when asked..  If you only have a License for a Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade, that might be a different situation..

I think an upgrade from Home to Pro, basically just takes changing the License Key, but I haven't done it for a while..  If that were to work, your system should be registered online and would clean install Win 10 Pro..

Sumit knows more about this situation than I do so maybe you are just not using the correct procedure.

Try checking with your computer OEM or their forums, someone might know for sure how to upgrade..

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 774 Applies to: