Windows Hello Not Working,(We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face)

All of a sudden my Windows Hello has stopped working and on the lock screen it says, "sorry something went wrong, please enter PIN" and in settings it says We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face. what do I do?
|
Answer
Answer
Hi LucaMelfi, my name is Hadrien, an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help you today.

Please try the following procedures to fix your Windows Hello. Check if the issue is solved at the end of each procedure :

Procedure 1 :

1) Open File Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver

2) Right-click on HelloFace.inf and click "Install"

3) If the file exists do the same thing for HelloFaceMigration.inf in the same directory

--------------

Procedure 2 :

Check on your camera manufacturer's website if there is any update available for your camera.

For example if you have a Logitech camera check on the Logitech website for any update for your camera.

------------

Procedure 3 :

Click on Start button, type "cmd", right-click on "Command prompt" and click on "Run as administrator".

Copy-paste the following lines in the command prompt, one by one, pressing Enter after each line (to paste right-click at the top on "Administrator : command prompt" > Edit > Paste) :

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

--------------

Procedure 4 :

1) Click on the Start button, type "run" and click on "Run"

2) Type "services.msc" (without quotes) and click on "Ok"

3) Find "Windows Biometric Service", double click on it and click on "Stop"

4) With File Explorer go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase and make a backup of all the files just in case. Move that backup outside of that folder.

5) Once backed up delete all the files in C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase

6) Open another time "services.msc", double-click on Windows Biometric Service and restart it

7) Go to Start, type "settings", click on "Settings", go to "Accounts", "Sign-in options" and register the Face data again

-------------

Procedure 5 :

Try Greg Carmack's solutions that you didn't do already : (scroll down to see his answer) : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

--------------

Procedure 6 :

Perform a repair upgrade of Windows following this guide : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Regards,
Hadrien

129 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2021 Views 44,811 Applies to: