Windows Hello Face login not working

After the last update, my Windows Hello Face login stopped working. It says "It's currently unavailable...We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". I have a Surface Laptop 3 with AMD and the face login worked flawlessly until now. How do I fix it?

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in***

Hello BrianAllen9,

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're sorry to learn about this issue on your device.

When facial recognition fails, it may be due to driver issue, software conflict or corrupted system file. Please give these methods a try and see if issue persists or not:

• Run Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check for Windows Update. Make sure to check View Optional features and select all necessary updates for your device. Restart the Surface after installing updates.

• Reset Facial Recognition or Fingerprint options. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Locate Facial Recognition or Fingerprint option > then select Remove.

• Reset Windows Biometric data base:

• Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box. Type services.msc and click on OK. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.

• Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.

• Now, open Services by following first step, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
      Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

• Run System File Checker in Windows 10.

Otherwise, Install the Facedriver. Press Windows key + E, to open File Explorer. > Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver > Look for HelloFace.inf and HelloFaceMigration.inf file, right click on each file and select Install. Reboot device.

Hope this helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2024 Views 5,226 Applies to: