windows embedded standard 7 license sticker question

Hi Guys,

Our equipment is running on Windows Embedded Standard 7 OS and we used to get embedded Windows license sticker like this one (grey background color with WS7E wording on title). 

But recently we start getting newer type sticker (yellow background color) but it only states Windows Embedded Standard on the sticker (no 7 wording). At first I thought our vendor send us the wrong sticker but they assure me that the newer type sticker does not specify the name anymore, therefore it is not accurate to tell license type by title. The only way to find out if it is for Windows Embedded Standard (XP) or Windows Embedded Standard 7 (Win 7) is by checking the actual serial number. Is that an accurate statement or BS? I am baffled why Microsoft would make such change if it is true. It just does not make sense to me. Thanks for your reply and have a good day!

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As of now, I would request you to refer to the information provided in the article(s) below:

Windows Embedded Standard 7

Windows XP Embedded Licensing Requirements and Guidelines

If you still need more information, you may contact Sales & Support team.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 1,672 Applies to: