"Windows did not start successfully..."

While starting up I get "We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully..." and it gives the start in Safe Mode; Safe w/ networking; safe with Command prompt and Start in last known Good configuration options. It counts down for several seconds and then goes to the original start menu with the same options. This began after doing a regularly scheduled Disk Check. (About once every 6 months.)

The computer had been running excellent prior to the disk check. I tried opening Windows in each of these options and it keeps coming back to the same "We apologize for the inconvenience window." I do not want to do a system recovery if I can avoid it. Is there a way out of this?

Question Info

Last updated August 20, 2018 Views 15,809 Applies to:
Answer

Hey ElderL:

I tried this option with no success. I created the bootable CD with no problem, and changed Bios to boot from CD, restarted the computer booting from the CD a number of times, all to no avail. Spent a lot of time making sure I did everything exactly by the instructions and it still came up "stuck in the loop".

Fortunately, I had done a complete system backup with my backup harddrive in August so I went into the Recovery Console on my computer and did a system recovery which put my computer right back to "Out of the Box" condition.  Of course then I had a bunch of programs to remove which was tedious. Next I restored my computer from the Backup Hardrive which took about 2 hours.

I got everything back exactly as it was a month ago, all my pictures, music, documents, settings, antivurus, Windows Updates, everything! I LOVE my backup harddrive!!!! Got it from HP about three years ago and wondered if it was a waste of money. NOPE!!!! It just paid for itself twice over.

Thanks for your time and effort. I appreciate it.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.