Windows Calendar not syncing with Icloud

I have had my Icloud calendar linked to my Windows 10 calendar app for months now and it syncs fine.  All the sudden a few days ago, the entries in my iPhone calendar no longer show on my Windows calendar.  I have to remove the account, re-add, generate a new password from Icloud, and then it reappears.  Sometimes I check the next day and it disappears again.  Sometimes I do a sync and I can watch as all the iPhone entries disappear before my eyes.  I performed all necessary Windows updates, and the problem still persists.  This issue is on my desktop PC, but I just checked my Surface Pro 3 and it is having the same issue now as well.  Please advise.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with Windows Calendar sync in ICloud. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

However, please perform these methods and check if the issue persist

Method 1: Please run the troubleshooter for the Microsoft Store apps and check if that helps.

Note: Please ignore the Steps under 4 and 5.

Method 2:  I would suggest you to follow the steps from this Apple article and check if that helps.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203521

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit meinem Android-Phone. Mein Kalender wird von Android nicht angenommen

Google will nur den eigenen Kalender!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

None of these steps fixed it.  I had it on my calendar for a few days, tested it every night.  Once again, tonight, the iCalendar events all disappeared, even though still checked off as being active on the left side.  Now, even hen I delete the account, generate a new 2-step authentication password at iCloud, and re-add the account, it still doesn't show again.  Also to note, any time I hit the Snyc option on the Windows Calendar it pops us the "syncing" message which just stays up forever and never syncs until I close the program and reopen.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am getting no resolution to this issue still.  Please help!!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is this reply from Microsoft in the Feedback app:

"Thanks for reporting this issue. Our team is aware of this problem and is working on a fix. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please upvote and comment on this issue if it occurs to you."

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When will this be resolved?  It's been a few weeks now and I need my calendar back.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having exactly the same issue, so it isn't isolated. It must be happening to a lot of people or everyone! 

What is the update to this, we have been waiting for quite a while now!!?

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. It seems to be a one way issue. You can create events in the windows Calendar and they will sync to iCloud calendar and show up there fine, but as soon as you create the event, it disappears from windows calendar within seconds. No events from iCloud will sync back to windows.

If you create an event in a Microsoft Live account (instead of iCloud), it stays put as normal.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly the same issue here. It started a few weeks ago -- some time in June I believe. New entries made in the Windows Calendar app are added immediately to my iCloud calendar and appear there and on my phone. However the desktop Windows calendar remains totally empty.

A couple of further symptoms:

-- The Windows calendar doesn't issue any notifications, so these locally-added events are not just failing to display, they're not even stored locally.

-- I can import my calendar from iCloud to Microsoft Outlook (on the web), and that calendar does then sync back to the desktop calendar. This means the Windows calendar is at least capable of displaying the entries, it's just the sync process with iCloud that's broken. (This is, of course, a useless workaround for a live calendar, as all you get is a point-in-time snapshot every time you manually do an import.)

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. Started with just one of my calendars (each member of my family has a shared calendar) but has now affected all iCloud calendars. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 3,067 Applies to: