Windows boots up to a black screen before login without a cursor

Before I had this issue, let me tell about the prior issues I had with my PC before this one.
A few days ago, my PC began experiencing the "Unexpected Store Exception" error whenever I was playing a game for at least an hour. I tried everything to fix this: scanned for any viruses, uninstalled my antivirus, updated my drivers, ran System File Checker and Disk Check Utility on Command Prompt, but nothing worked. I kept getting the same error.
Previously, after receiving the BSoD, the PC would restart and run like normal. But now, my PC is unusable. It boots up fine at first, but when the login screen is supposed to show, I am only met with a completely black screen. My cursor doesn't appear. There is also no sound. I can't even go into safe mode to fix the problem.

I waited things out to see if anything else would happen after going into a black screen, but nothing occurs. This support page is of absolutely no help because, like I said, I can't go past that black screen to do anything.

I really need help for this. I've looked all over the internet to find other solutions, but I can't find one.

Thanks!

My technical specs:

Model: p6-2316s

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB

CPU: A8-3850

Hi Masami,

It appears that this issue could be due to software corruption. For proper isolation, kindly answer the queries below:

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
  • Did you perform Windows Update?
  • Have you checked this article: Troubleshoot black screen problems?
  • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your PC? To check, type winver in the search option.

We're looking forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, fortunately, I was able to access the UEFI during the initial boot sequence when only the HP logo is onscreen and then reset my computer back to normal from there.

I don't remember what my Windows 10 version and build were, but I do remember I had updated my PC that day. It was the "Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems" (I can't recall what the KB number was, but I think it was KB4013214). It was after I had installed that update when I started getting the "Unexpected Store Exception" errors while playing games and eventually the "black screen of death" as well.

Also, to make sure my video card wasn't the problem, I switched to my integrated graphics and set up a different monitor. I still got the same black screen before login, so that test confirmed that my video card wasn't causing the problem.

One more thing, after I had reset my PC to normal, I opened up the built-in Windows defragmentation program and found the the C drive was 22% fragmented. Everything else was fine, though. I don't know if this is relevant since this was I had fixed my issue, but I thought it might be useful.

I hope I gave enough information to you so that I can prevent this happening again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Okay, fortunately, I was able to access the UEFI during the initial boot sequence when only the HP logo is onscreen and then reset my computer back to normal from there."

Can you explain what you mean by you reset your computer back to normal . Did you boot into BIOS and change something?

No! I doubt if 22% fragmented would cause a black screen. That is a lot however. Did you click on the link that @Romel Ram posted in his reply?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had already checked the two links, but they weren't helpful unfortunately.

As for how I reset my PC, I mistakenly said I entered UEFI. Actually, I went into recovery mode (by pressing F9 at the boot sequence), went under "Troubleshoot", and then selected "Reset your PC". Sorry for the error.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Great! Thanks for clearing that up. So do you need more help, or is every thing good?

I suggest you get a good 3rd party image program like Macrium Reflect. You will be fearless like me, knowing you can recover from all disasters in 20 minutes.

Thanks for your reply!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Everything's good for now. I'll just monitor my PC more closely from now on. I'll check out Macrium Reflect sometime.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply. I guarantee you will never regret learning how to use Macrium Reflect. It will make you fearless. I'm glad every thing is good for you. Here's a tool very few PC users use. I think it's a great tool and will help you monitor the performance of your PC. Check it out. It's already on your PC. It's a lot like the event viewer, but a lot easier to understand! 

https://www.howtogeek.com/166911/reliability-monitor-is-the-best-windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 24, 2018 Views 876 Applies to: