Windows Backup vs Parkard Bell Backup

My (new) Packard Bell laptop comes with "Packard Bell My Backup" program.  I used it and copied my data files to an external hard drive.  Everything seems fine.  If I add or amend some files, they will be updated automatically when I run the program.  But if I delete something from the laptop, the back up will not remove them from the external drive, which is not a problem.

Then I found that Windows 7 also has a backup program.  I also tried it.  However, this program seems complicated.  The backup files on the external drive cannot be seen by Window Explorer (majority).  This means that I can either restore the files to the laptop or just keep them there until I actually need them (hopefully not).  On the contrary the backup done by Packard Bell is just like normal files and I can copy and paste etc.

Another difference between these two is that for the Packard Bell one I can choose to update e.g. only documents or only pictures etc etc whereas the Windows one automatically update all data files without a choice.

My question is - which one will you choose, please?

Hi,

When using a backup program it is really up to personal preferences and which ones fit the needs of the user. As you stated in your question there are features that Packard Bell backup has that Windows Backup does not have. When it comes to your data It’s always suggested to go with what you feel most comfortable using. Microsoft offers the built in backup to assist users with a complete backup and has some features that can be found here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/products/features/security-safety

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your reply.  Can I ask whether Windows Backup will allow me to choose what to restore if I click the restore button?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 575 Applies to: