Windows Activation

Hello.

I'm using my current laptop with the same version of windows (didn't change anything in it) for like 11 months now and it has been activated by the Technician which I bought from (New laptop.), 2 days ago I went under a new update and today a RANDOM "Activate Windows" Popped up below my screen, so I went to my Settings and I found the windows Deactivated looks like by it's own self (Win-10 pro) and when I try to Run the TROUBLESHOOT

But that didn't work was just telling me that i'm not Connected to the Internet thus the Troubleshooting can't be fix the problem so far.

So.. here iam Looking for a solution. Also was wondering if that would affect any features of the windows version.

P.S: I don't have the Activation code also can't reach the technician as i'm far from home these days.

Thanks in advance :).

Hi Mohamed

If your Windows 10 is not activated, any changes you make to the operating system will not stay after a restart, they will be lost . .

Click your Start Button, type cmd then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run or paste this command and hit Enter:

slmgr.vbs /dlv

Please post a screenshot of the resulting dialog . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Note: I didn't do the 1903 Update yet.

Hi Mohamed

If your Windows 10 is not activated, any changes you make to the operating system will not stay after a restart, they will be lost . .

Click your Start Button, type cmd then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run or paste this command and hit Enter:

slmgr.vbs /dlv

Please post a screenshot of the resulting dialog . . .

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mohamed

Thank you for the screenshot, you somehow have the volume licence version of Windows 10 Pro installed on your PC and you will not be able to activate that . ..

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

Form the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this into Command Prompt and hit Enter:

slmgr /ipk YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

When that command completes, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC

When your PC restarts, give it 5 minutes and check if Windows 10 is activated

If not, then you have 2 options . ..

Contact that Technician and ask them to resolve this, they are ultimately responsible

If that technician cannot be contacted, then if your PC is meant to be running Windows 10 Home, you will need to backup your files and clean install the Home version of Windows 10 . ..

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The thing is that i don't even have the Windows CD or Flash drive to do a clean installation.. anyway is there anything can do with this Error ?

Really Appreciate your help..

Hi Mohamed

Thank you for the screenshot, you somehow have the volume licence version of Windows 10 Pro installed on your PC and you will not be able to activate that . ..

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

Form the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this into Command Prompt and hit Enter:

slmgr /ipk YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

When that command completes, close Command Prompt and restart (not shut down) your PC

When your PC restarts, give it 5 minutes and check if Windows 10 is activated

If not, then you have 2 options . ..

Contact that Technician and ask them to resolve this, they are ultimately responsible

If that technician cannot be contacted, then if your PC is meant to be running Windows 10 Home, you will need to backup your files and clean install the Home version of Windows 10 . ..

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mohamed

I am sorry that did not work for you, you will now need to use option 1 or 2 above, to get this resolved

I honestly think that technician should have installed the Home Edition, however my feeling is they installed this volume licence version, which you will not be able to activate . . .

Power to the Developer!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello There.

For whoever is facing the same problem, Just fixed it out please follow the next instructions.(Worked for Win10-Pro)

Firstly you have to open CMD and run as admin and type the following Commands in order.

1- cscript slmgr.vbs /ipk (Activation code) ------> Hit Enter to excute 2 : cscript slmgr.vbs /skms kms.lotro.cc ------> Hit Enter to excute

3 : cscript slmgr.vbs /ato ------> Hit Enter to excute

After each Excution it should show up "Successful" and you got your win. Activated 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Case you faced an error at the 3rd Command

Error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. (SWbemObjectEx)

Type Registry in Start and Run as admin Then Delete the below key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\SppExtComObj.exe

After you've done this successfully Go back to CMD and Re-Use the 3rd Command if you didn't close the Cmd while doing the previous stuff.

Else;

Open Cmd again as admin and go through the previous 3 Commands at the top of the comment. and that should work perfectly for you.

Best Regards:)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mohamed

I know those commands, while Windows is activated now, that will also run out, because you are not still running a KMS volume licence version . . .

Power to the Developer!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I know right. But it works for

now until i get back to my city
so it's just a Temporary 
activation..

Thanks again for your help Dave.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 23, 2022 Views 3,063 Applies to: