Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

Hi,

After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it shows that Windows is activated. How can I resolve this discrepancy? Our IT team informed me that our domain license is for Windows 10, not Windows 11. Should I be concerned, considering that the settings show Windows as activated?

Thanks,

mubil

|
Hello Mubil, this is Emily.

Can you please type cmd in the search on the taskbar and hit enter to launch command prompt, then run the following command:

slmgr /dlv

Then share a screenshot please. Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Here is it. Its showing activation is going to expire in 17days.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I see that now. You are on KMS license.

KMS is a type of license used by organizations to manage the activation of Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft software products across multiple devices. KMS allows organizations to activate products without needing to connect each device to Microsoft's activation servers individually. KMS activations are not permanent and must be renewed periodically. After this period, the device needs to reconnect to the organization's KMS server to renew its activation. So you will need to contact your school IT and get the instruction how to connect to your organization's KMS server to renew your license. Whether it is Windows 10 or 11 doesn't matter, they are on the same license.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 11 Applies to: