Windows Action Center alerts conflict with McAfee status

Windows Action Center tells me that McAfee spyware protection and McAfee antivirus scans are turned off. It also tells me that both McAfee and Windows firewalls are turned off. Instructing Windows to turn these features on does nothing.

McAfee tells me that all is well and up to date; the firewall is active and a scan finds no issues or vulnerabilities.

I'm inclined to turn off the alerts from Windows Action Center temporarily to see if they go away. Any suggestions?

Windows Action Center tells me that McAfee spyware protection and McAfee antivirus scans are turned off. It also tells me that both McAfee and Windows firewalls are turned off. Instructing Windows to turn these features on does nothing.

McAfee tells me that all is well and up to date; the firewall is active and a scan finds no issues or vulnerabilities.

I'm inclined to turn off the alerts from Windows Action Center temporarily to see if they go away. Any suggestions?

I don't use McAfee but your workaround sounds like a good plan to me.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning/mcfee-not-working/d5d2885e-4a52-4ce8-b019-21888db99fb2  Looks like some sort of issue may be occurring today with McAfee programs on Win 7.

Good luck and please keep us posted if you determine what’s causing the issue…

Thanks..

MVP Consumer Security 2014-2016
Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 13, 2021 Views 393 Applies to: