Windows 8.1 x64 bit "Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered" need fix!

I have a Windows 8.1 x64 desk top running trading software so lots of graphics. I have been having this error since installing Windows 8.1 fresh on a new SSD and after installing all of the published updates..

I have 3 monitors. Two connected to the Intel HD4000 integrated graphics. 1 connected to the AMD 6450 graphics card. I have installed all the latest AMD and Intel Drivers and this Problem persists.

After searching the web, I found that Microsoft has a Fix-It (50848) for this problem for Windows 7 and Vista machines. Where is the Fix it for Windows 8.1? I can not find one. I am not interested in any more generic Troubleshooting procedures, I want a real fix. Thank  you.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your efforts towards resolving the issue.

If the issue still persists, Please refer to suggestions from Rohit Siddegowda replied on January 19, 2013 and check if it helps.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has/8a319a52-7a83-4ee6-a53b-12f90f9180d6

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2020 Views 4,237 Applies to: