Windows 8.1 won't recognize my mobile wifi hotspot

Windows insisted on upgrading my program to 8.1 on my laptop. I was able to access my phone mobile hotspot (WMwifi_Router) with Windows 8, but Windows 8.1 will not even recognize my wifi hotspot now. It recognizes all other wifi hotspots, but not my mobile.  Any ideas...thanks.

Hello Blaine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues recognizing Wi-F hotspot in Windows 8.1 computer. We will surely help you with the same.

Are you able to connect other device to this mobile device hotspot?

Please follow the suggestions mentioned below in the link below to solve the common problems for not connecting to one particular network.

Why can't I connect to a network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

Please feel free to write us back for further assistance and we will be glad to help you ahead.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Nothing helped. My wife's laptop is picking up my mobile hotspot, but mine is not, ever since I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1. My hot spot does not even show up, but other hotspots in the area do.

Perplexed...

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Blaine,

You may try to update the Wireless network drivers for the computer and see if that helps.

Try to run Windows Update and install all the updates available for Wireless network.

Go to the manufacturers support website, where you can enter the model number of the computer hardware and download the latest drivers for Windows 8.1.

Please feel free to write us back for further assistance and we will be glad to help you ahead.

Thank you

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 20,566 Applies to: