Windows 8.1 Store not available - has it shut down?

Hi,

I have had Windows 8.1 (Core/Home 64-bit, British English) on my laptop (Lenovo G50-30) since I got the laptop in 2015. Last month, I replaced the hard disk with an SSD and reinstalled 8.1. I installed a few apps from the Store, like Netflix (pictured)

But when I tried this week, I tried on multiple days this week but got these errors:

I have tried WSReset.exe to no avail, and I know it is not a connection configuration issue as the Internet is working fine and I haven't changed any settings since it worked last month.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexander

This seems to be a common thing whenever Patch Tuesday comes around. It is down right now. I do not think the Store has shut down for good just yet as support for Windows 8.1 officially ends on January 10, 2023. The Store should be around until that date and for a while afterwards. I know that some apps that are not obtainable from the Windows 10 Store are found on this Store. If you know of such apps and you need them, I'd advise that you get them as soon as the Windows 8.1 Store functions again. That might help you get the apps on your Windows 10 device from your library in the Windows 10 Store.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the info. It was useful. However, my VIAO is not able to access any of the Windows Apps and I cannot also access the Windows Store to download though the internet and other things are working fine. I have just the thumbnails of the Windows Apps on the the desktop but clicking on them does not make any of them work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

visit this site https://store.rg-adguard.net/ and go  to site microsoft and select app do you want

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Store is down at the moment for Windows 8.1 devices since the most recent Patch Tuesday.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

visit this site https://store.rg-adguard.net/ and go  to site microsoft and select app do you want

Of all the apps I have in my purchases log, all of them require Windows 10 now, so this solution will only work with certain apps, and in the future, possibly none.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

Hi,

I have had Windows 8.1 (Core/Home 64-bit, British English) on my laptop (Lenovo G50-30) since I got the laptop in 2015. Last month, I replaced the hard disk with an SSD and reinstalled 8.1. I installed a few apps from the Store, like Netflix (pictured)

But when I tried this week, I tried on multiple days this week but got these errors:

ImageImage

I have tried WSReset.exe to no avail, and I know it is not a connection configuration issue as the Internet is working fine and I haven't changed any settings since it worked last month.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexander

Windows 8.1 Store isn't available fix It, "Local Computer Policy, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Store-Turn off the store application

click win+r key and write gpedit.msc on run window and disable it and you get key access the store :)

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 7,191 Applies to: