Windows 8.1 disable password upon waking from sleep

Hi.  I just got a new Windows 8.1 computer.  I do not like the whole security feature with the lock screen and password.  Through a little research on various forums, I was able to disable the lock screen completely.  When I power up my computer, I no longer see the lock screen or have to enter a password.  I disabled my screen saver so I won't have to deal with it then either.  And I was able to get rid of the lock screen after the computer goes to sleep, but I still have to enter a password when it wakes up.  I have fixed this from "start" on the account settings, choosing to not require a password, and through the control panel too.  It is very annoying to have to enter a password.  Security is not an issue for me and my computer, so I just want it gone.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Answer
Answer

I think that is it.  In total there are 4 different places that can cause this:

1. Right-click Desktop > Personalize > Screensaver
    Even if you don't use a screensaver, this timer value is used to lock the screen.  Set this to "none" and make sure the checkbox is off.

2. Power Options > Change when to turn off the display

3. Power Options > Change when the computer sleeps

4. PC Settings App > Lock Screen Settings
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2023 Views 106 Applies to: