windows 8 won't let me sign in

when we try to sign into our user accounts on our new PC, we're told our password is incorrect and if we need to go to account.live to reset it (the password).  we've tried this a half dozen times with no luck.  I can sign into my hotmail, but not my PC.  looks like alot of people have had this trouble and we tried everything we can find but nothing is working.  we can't even get help from microsoft.  does anybody have a solution we're missing?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im a graphic designer and use my laptop at work.. Im having the same issues, cant login either.. Can anyone let us know how to fix this.... HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

113 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried to sign in too, but it said error when I did.

but,

In the Control Panel go to the "General" section, at the bottom you can re-install W8 (Don't need the disk, but will need the serial number but you can get that here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso it's right below the download ISO option.). I had to do the option to remove all of my files and start fresh. it should work I haven't tried yet, I will repost if it does.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello all,

We are checking into the issue that you are experiencing and I need to verify some information from you..

Please respond back with the following information:
- Provide your computer make/model and whether 32-bit/64-bit.
- Can you log in with your local account on your computer?
- What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in with your Microsoft account?
- What have you done prior to experiencing the error with log in? Did you reboot? Did you install software or Windows Updates? Please describe.
- Is your date/time correct? Do you use a 3rd party program to sync the time?
- Is your password unusual in some way such as length or characters? Is it over 16 characters in length?

Please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this same thing happened to me today.i resolved it by doing a system restore with my installation cd.hope it works for you too.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

-I am using a Asus Eee PC 1001P (Seashell)  32 bit

-Local account does not allow me to log in either.

-Invaild username/password.

-This is the intial boot. I just installed Win8 on my pc and I have yet to log in

-The date and time are both correct. No 3rd party sync.

-Password is simple, Upper, lowercase and numbers

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

- dell inspiron 64 bitt

- the computer was new outta the box and we only had the admin account set up so we didn't have a local account to log into and the guest account was never turned on

-something like "password was incorrect reset your password here accountlive.com"

- we just turned it on

-the only thing that we had installed on our new computer was iTunes and we downloaded our iTunes library

-date and time where correct

-it's the same password I've used for my Hotmail account for 2 years. 8 charactors

we finally just reset the computer.  not a big deal since we only had used it 3 days.  but, I have a feeling this is gonna happen again

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So i called Geeksquad which i purchased when i got my Asus laptop. I called and told them my issue and they said there is nothing they can do to help me over the phone. She said they have been getting thousands of calls over the issue.. She explained to me that MICROSOFT has a specific update which automatically downloads (i assume its the most recent one) and after it is done, automatically resets all the domain passwords.. 

MICROSOFT i guess has not done anything to fix this issue yet... 

Only way i was able to get it fixed without resetting to factory settings, was going to Geeksquad. at first he said i have to reset my password and should fix the problem..
But that didnt work.... only way i was able to login was thru guest account.. which did me no good because its not an administrator account..

So i told him only way i could get in.. was to have him create a local account and set it to administrator.. He thought about it for a sec.. and said.. your right, thats only way to by pass it. So he set it up for me and im back on here now.. i was gonna try and do it my self.. BUT! i paid for 1year for there services, so i had them do it.. Im graphic designer, and was able to avoid loosing my work files... Thank god...

MY ADVICE... IF YOUR GETTING WINDOWS 8.... FIRST THING U SHOULD DO IS SETUP A LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT... NOT!!!!! A WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT. Do this soon as you get a new laptop with WINDOWS 8

Hope this helps anyone..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this same issue. i find it very frustrating that i can no longer log on to my laptop with my ms account even tho i know the password. why did Microsoft make it so hard to log on the computer and make it **** to have more than one account on the unit.  I work at a local computer store and will not be recommending windows 8 computers will push my stock of windows 7 cause even some of my customer computers that had windows 8 do the recent update and it basicly bricks the computer there not able also to log into there main ms account on windows 8 and they get pretty pissed off.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

BIG problem, without warning our 1 week old lap top with W8 auto updated and now we cannot log on using live account when set up  !! Don't really want to have to reinstall. Solution please Microsoift, quickly. !!

THIS IS A MAJOR FAULT

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Marilyn, I know you're busy...  but we've been waiting.  have you discovered anything here?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 11, 2022 Views 29,083 Applies to: