Windows 8 - Blank blue screen on start up no error message?? PLEASE HELP!!

My 2 week old computer a Samsung NP350V5C-i3, Windows 8, is showing a blank blue screen on startup (no error message), can still move the cursor but not able to click anything.  I have tried restarting it and taking the battery out but no luck still the same.

Can anybody advise me what the issue is? PLEASE HELP it would be very much appreciated :)

I should also add that Im a pretty basic browse the internet and use office and thats where my knowledge ends.....

My 2 week old computer a Samsung NP350V5C-i3, Windows 8, is showing a blank blue screen on startup (no error message), can still move the cursor but not able to click anything.  I have tried restarting it and taking the battery out but no luck still the same.

Can anybody advise me what the issue is? PLEASE HELP it would be very much appreciated :)

I should also add that Im a pretty basic browse the internet and use office and thats where my knowledge ends.....

Hi

For new computer, your best resource is Samsung Support.

There may be known issues with the particular model that you are using.

Support | Samsung Product Support & Service Solutions:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

blank blue screen on startup (no error message), can still move the cursor but not able to click anything.

"Not able to click anything" because you can't see anything clickable?   Is your keyboard working?   Many users see a "black" screen in this situation and can then just use their keyboard to work around it.   E.g. the simplest action that I can think of would be  Win-P, CursorUp, Enter.   See if that changes anything?   If you had a second monitor to attach to your machine you might see more.   ;  )

BTW I agree with the suggestion to get help from where you bought your new machine.   Another related factor to consider I think is that your boot options are probably UEFI.   In fact, I'm wondering if that could be why you see blue instead of black?   I'm still using straight BIOS, so UEFI is only a theoretical consideration for me.   ;  )

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think that this might be related to the issue I had. That sounds to me like a blank start screen.

After installing the most recent updates, when I search for anything it makes the start screen go blank. None of the search results are displayed; all of the tiles disappear. Even if I exit the search or go back to the desktop and then hit the start button everything is gone. However, if I search for something that doesn't exist (or at least use a search that doesn't return any apps such as zzz), then the search results properly display, the tiles come back and then I can search for the app that I was originally looking for just fine. However, it took me quite a while to figure out how to get this to work. For a while it just seemed like the apps were appearing and disappearing randomly.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2024 Views 11,653 Applies to: