windows 7 x64 update KB982018; error code 80070032

Greetings -

I'm using Windows 7 x64, and recently got an update notice from the "Action Center" icon in the taskbar telling me tat there were three recommended and one optional updates to install. The recommended updates were KB982018, KB2468871, and KB2533523, and the optional update was for an RT Systems USB-29B Radio Cable (no number).

Everything installed - except the recommended update KB982018 - which threw error code 80070032. I normally update automatically; so I'm not sure why these updates showed up in the Action Center icon, and decided to look back through the update history. That same update failed daily - all the way back to July 13, 2011 (and always throwing the same error message).

I have Avira personal  free anti-virus installed, and also use Security Essentials and Malwarbytes for 'live' protection as well. I also scan with those programs once a week.

I can do a clean boot to see if I can get the update to install, but thought it would be best to find out if anyone has an idea as to what the problem might be, since a work around with a clean boot might work, but wouldn't fix whatever the underlying problem is - and I wouldn't be able to find the cause by process of elimination.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
Answer
Answer

Hi Hydroace,

It is difficult to try to save the customized savings because if there is corruption of the system that may transfer over.

However, you could try using http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2019 Views 3,429 Applies to: