windows 7 won't connect to hotel router

i live at an extended stay hoteland have had no problems with my vista hp lap. i bought a brand new windows 7 lap and had no problems with it until the hotel got a new router now my vista will connect but my windows 7 will not. i have tried all common fixes(flushdns,release renew register dns, disabling ipv6 none of that is working. does anyone know what the fix is? acer aspire 5532 64 bit windows 7 home premium. i do not have direct access to the hotel router.
wired? wireless?
how about posting the results of ipconfig /all as a TEXT reply?

do you get an IP or is the problem you can't get an IP/can't connect
wirelessly.. Some details are needed.

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:00:09 +0000, real cherokee wrote:

>i live at an extended stay hoteland have had no problems with my vista hp lap. i bought a brand new windows 7 lap and had no problems with it until the hotel got a new router now my vista will connect but my windows 7 will not. i have tried all common fixes(flushdns,release renew register dns, disabling ipv6 none of that is working. does anyone know what the fix is? acer aspire 5532 64 bit windows 7 home premium. i do not have direct access to the hotel router.

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i'm sorry i am new to this. wireless and i don't know much about how to proceed to give you the necessary info you need but i will try...i get an ip address and can ping but no internet access itstarted slowly getting worse (losing connection more and more often and then some programs couldconnect while others stopped altogether please tell mehow to get the ipconfig/all off my windows 7 so i can postit here. and thank you for responding

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

instructions:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:28:47 +0000, real cherokee wrote:

>i'm sorry i am new to this. wireless and i don't know much about how to proceed to give you the necessary info you need but i will try...i get an ip address and can ping but no internet access itstarted slowly getting worse (losing connection more and more often and then some programs couldconnect while others stopped altogether please tell mehow to get the ipconfig/all off my windows 7 so i can postit here. and thank you for responding

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Barb - Windows and Devices for IT MVP
*Please click Yes below if your problem is resolved. This may help others with the same issue.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 978 Applies to: