Windows 7 will not recognize Sony Digital Photo Printer

Windows 7 will not recognize Sony Digital Photo Printer DPP-FP50.   On phone over two hours with Sony yesterday.  They say since Windows 7 is  plug and play, it should find the printer but it does not.

Printer is useless  until we figure out why it will not work with Windows 7.   Sony has made drivers for previous versions of Windows but did not for Windows 7 because of the plug and play feature.

I sure need help with this one.

Thanks.

Answer
Answer
I was able to find the driver for the DPP-FP50 by using the procedure at : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-a-printer

Specifically I used the steps copied below from the section labelled "To install (add) a local printer"  The driver for the DPP-FP50 do not show up in the list until you click the "Windows Update button in step 5 and wait several minutes for the list to download and populate.  Here a a copy of the instructions in that section of the link (In my case in the first step I had to do Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Add a Printer)  :
  1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.

2. Click Add a printer.

3. In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a local printer.

4. On the Choose a printer port page, make sure that the Use an existing port button and the recommended printer port are selected, and then click Next.

5. On the Install the printer driver page, select the printer manufacturer and model, and then click Next.

• If your printer isn't listed, click Windows Update, and then wait while Windows checks for additional drivers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2020 Views 1,095 Applies to: