Windows 7 updates KB4487078 and KB4486563

Windows 7 updates KB4487078 and KB4486563 download and install computer but fail to configure on my Dell desktop computer.  I have tried installing them four times without success.   Past updates have installed successfully.  What can I do to these updates installed?
may i update

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Windows 7 updates KB4487078 and KB4486563 download and install computer but fail to configure on my Dell desktop computer.  I have tried installing them four times without success.   Past updates have installed successfully.  What can I do to these updates installed?

info: running WIN7 with Chrome/google browser on Toshiba laptop.

I currently have a problem with KB4487078..update issues came AFTER I took out all the IOBIT programs malwarefighter,and all the rest they have.(paid versions). This also happened before when I uninstalled 

antiviral program Tencent. Reason:suspicious files hidden in key registry were uploading to China.Well,IOBIT and Tencent are BOTH Chinese programs.IOBIT,especially, markets itself as a USA program.NOT SO...they have hidden offshore accounts that load to Hong Kong area.BAD people. 

Also note:since uninstall of IOBIT? I had massive problems upon rebooting.One of the worst was the WINDOWS validation key was removed along with all of Microsoft antimalware programs.I had no malware protection AND I kept getting warnings that you have a 'bad' version of Windows.The other chinese program also did this when I uninstalled.They sent me the blue screen of death! warned me I can get trojans etc.It was them the whole time.

PLUS:Could not reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials&Web Defender was also disabled.Luckily,I found a similiar new program by Microsoft that runs on Chrome:called Microsoft Security Essentials Browser.I see it is fairly new and runs  "live" in the background.Nice,free program.I do recommend it!

https://browserprotection.microsoft.com

I managed to remove (manually) the rest of the offending problems (dll and key registry,hidden files,false named files etc etc) and correct. REVO (actually REVO UNINSTALLER)uninstalled the majority,inc most traces.Excellent free program..learn how to use it:just a warning for you if you are not experienced. REVO said their new paid version would have removed everything that I had to manually remove.Intro price is $14.99.Nice thing, it is a forever one time sale (some programs,like IOBIT are only one year licenses).

question remains: where is the problem with updating Win security (important//critical downloads) stemming from? are there issues with Microsoft and trying to phase out WIN7 support,as you will be doing soon? Are problems within the WIN7 programming itself?  Waiting for an answer,like a few others.

Thank you kindly.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue and I have just solved this problem by doing this:

Download Microsoft .NET repair tool from :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Run it and follow the instruction, then reboot.  Try again with Windows Update.

Hope I am helpful.  :)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded the Microsoft.NET repair tool and ran it,but it did not solve the problem.  The two updates downloaded and installed but Windows 7 would not reconfigure with them on my computer.  The repair tool copied the logs from my computer to try figure out why the two downloads fail.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 7, KB4487078 ve KB4486563 bilgisayarını indirir ve yükler ancak Dell masaüstü bilgisayarımda yapılandırılabilir. Onları dört kez başarılı bir şekilde kurmayı denedim. Geçmiş güncellemeler başarıyla yüklendi. Yüklü bu güncellemeler için ne yapabilirim?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2020 Views 2,672 Applies to: